Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Choose Your Moustache Hero

My Dad, Les
This is my dad(circa 1982).  He was my athletic hero growing up.  He could run 2 miles in 10 minutes, knock down any shot on the basketball court, and dial in a 4 iron within two feet of the pin.  He was a master at any competition and borderline folk hero.  I also remember his intermittent moustache vividly.  He would rock it for a couple of weeks – because it was cool, but couldn’t stay committed because it drove him crazy.  I think this will be the challenge for me in Movember; letting the moustache go all out.  I mentioned before one of the reasons I casually keep a beard is to carve it into a moustache for family photos – primarily on my wife’s side of the family.  Letting it go all natural and full will be a challenge, but I hope to power through and get something more like my father-in-law, affectionately known as Papa Joe.
Papa Joe
This man fears no stache, mutton chop, beard, side burn, goatee, or Fu Manchu. He will knock out a Mark Twain mop and wear it proud. This man is my moustache hero, no question about it.  My moustache can only aspire to be more like him. Here’s to you Papa Joe and may you rock out with your moustache out. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that you will be the man with the moustache of the month in Movember.
Men, choose your moustache hero.  I've got mine and he's a pretty big deal.
Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment