Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Practice

Practice makes perfect, right?  Sure, I know my beard will grow, rain or shine, day and night.  But to mentally prepare myself joining the moustachioed American lifestyle, I set about avoiding dragging the razor over my upper lip.  By the end of 5 days time, a starter moustache was revealed to me, and my poor unsuspecting family.  Not quite the real thing.  Probably just enough stubble to generate phone calls from nervous parents and faculty near elementary schools.  Yet not quite enough to just waltz right onto the Glendale Police Department without at least a fitness test.  And I assume they would want to see how I look in aviator style sunglasses.











I learned a few things in my brief effort.  First, that time is my enemy.  Or friend.  Depends on how I look at it.  On the one hand, I must grow a moustache only for the month of Movember.  Relief!  On the other, I have but one short month to sport a formidable fu manchu.  Might not be enough time.  Worry!

Progress was made, no matter how you shave it, though.  There is no question about it, it will serve as a fine conversation starter.  That is one of the biggest goals of Movember, so I have confidence that the Midwest Moustache Alliance will do a nice job changing the face of men's health one upper lip at a time.

Grow a 'mo!
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment