Friday, September 7, 2012

Upgrade your shave

Movember, being outwardly dedicated to the craft of growing your own mouth mop, can be about other things, too.  For example, in order to have a great nose nuzzler, you're going to need to shave around it.  Carve it out, if you will.  Movember is a good time to get your shave den in order and re-think how you approach the task.

 

About this time last year, fed up with grinding the 'ol electric razor across my face, I turned to an old school solution.  If it was good enough for my grandfather, it should be good enough for me!  So, armed with a modicum of information - like knowing enough karate to get beat up - I acquired the neccessary equipment to get started with a double-ended safety razor.  Among my weapons of choice, is a 1956 Gillette Fatboy I found at an antique mall in Warson Woods, MO. Gotta love vintage.














A badger hair brush, some good shaving creams and soaps, a variety of razor blades, and a handful of after shaves entered my life and changed the way I looked at the ritual of stubble removal.  What was once an experience I would call aggravating and irritating at best was transformed into my favorite part of the day.  Nothing beats a four-pass, luxurious, baby-butt-smooth shave to start the day.


If you're curious about the process of giving yourself a real shave like your grandpappy used to, check out www.badgerandblade.com. Everything you need to know to get started is there.  And if you really get into it, perhaps you'll consider donating the money you'll save by not having to purchase expensive disposable Mach 13 blades, to the Movember team at Midwest Moustache Alliance.  You'll thank me later.

Grow a 'mo!

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment